This is a community for fanfic authors who are looking for some inspiration. Obviously modeled after the Harry/Draco communities miettes_desmots (and anyotherknight for starting that comm) and hd_500 (and scarlet_malfoy for starting that comm), wincest_fic is a community where wincest fanfic authors can post one challenge a month and receive one challenge to complete in the same month.
This community is only for the Sam/Dean (or Dean/Sam, whatever) pairing in SPN. If you'd like to write a non-wincest fic, please visit our sister community spn_monthlyfic.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a fic challenge community, not a fic request community. The difference is that, when giving a challenge, you are not requesting someone to write a specific fic for you. Rather, you are issuing them a challenge to write a fic within your requirements by the end of the month. Just to clarify. ^_^*
The List of Fic Challenges may be of use to you in finding out which fics were written when, what the challenges were, or if you owe anything. Please contact me if you notice an error. Thanks!
- Challenges for fanfiction must be submitted in between the 1st and the 5th of each month. Challenges will be distributed on the 6th. Comments will be screened.
- Each author who makes a challenge for a month will be expected to write a fic for someone else's challenge during that same month.
- Completed fics should be posted to this community in between the 25th and the end of the month. Fake-cuts are allowed.
- Completed fics must be AT LEAST 500 words long. There's no maximum limit, though, and generally the longer the better!
- If you are unable to complete your fic within the month, please contact the mod as soon as possible. I might be able to find a pinch hitter for you, but if not, you'll be expected to put up your fic as soon as possible.
- If you don't submit the challenge you were given to write that month, you'll be unable to take part in another round of exchanges until you post the fic -- no matter how long that might be.
- Joining this comm doesn't mean you're expected to write or sumbit a challenge each month. You can choose whether or not you want to participate on a monthly basis.
- Each request will take the form of the following:
Username: Keywords: Dialogue:
You'll be expect to fill in your own username, three keywords that you'd like to be in the fic, and one line of dialogue you'd also like to see in that fic.
- When you post your completed fic, it should be under an lj-cut. The following template should come at the top of each post, before the lj-cut.
Title: Author: Rating: Warning(s): Spoilers: Word Count: Challenge: Disclaimer: Supernatural belongs to Eric Kripke and the CW. No profit is being made from this fanfiction. Beta Acknowledgment: Summary: A/N:
If your fic hasn't been beta read, you can leave out the beta acknowledgement section. However, although it's not required, it's highly encouraged that you get your fics beta'd before submitting them. The challenge section should state the recipient, keywords, and dialogue that you were given. For example, if you receive the following challenge:
Username: kowaiyoukai Keywords: treehouse, chocolate milkshakes, gopher Dialogue: "There's no way I'm eating that."
Then, your challenge section should appear like this:
Challenge: kowaiyoukai, treehouse, chocolate milkshakes, gopher, "There's no way I'm eating that."
- NO DRAMA. If you don't like the fic you received or if you have any problem at all, contact the moderator, kowaiyoukai. Any flaming or insulting language will get you banned.
- For the purposes of this comm, wincest is ONLY defined as a romantic relationship between Sam and Dean. This means either one can top or bottom. This also means that sex does not have to be involved at all. Acceptable wincest includes one-sided, implied, and any other kind of wincest you can think of. Your fic does not have to be NC-17 for it to count as wincest. As long as Sam and Dean are in love in a non-brotherly way, or one of them likes the other, or there are some non-brotherly thoughts going about, that's acceptable. Of course, you can also feel free to make it as sexual as you want.
Examples of How Your Prompt Could Be Filled: a.k.a. why it's not always a great idea to be too specific
So, you decide you want a certain kind of fic. One fic in particular that you've been dying to read, don't want to write, and decide to post up here so you'll read exactly what you want at the end of the month. Here's an example of one potential prompt that reflects this mindset:
Username:kowaiyoukai Keywords: motel room, massage, wine Dialogue: "You're back early."
Here are five different fics that would fulfill these requirements:
The Obvious: Dean comes back to their motel room to find Sam waiting there. Sam says, "You're back early." Dean brought back wine and proceeds to give Sam a massage. The Angsty: Sam is supposed to be gathering data for a hunt, but goes to the motel room with a bottle of wine. Dean says, "You're back early." Sam says, "I thought we could stay in." Sam starts giving Dean a massage. Dean relaxes, looks up at Sam, and lo, it is Evil!Sam with black eyes. Sam hits Dean upside the head with the bottle of wine and steals the Impala, leaving Dean unconscious and car-less on the floor. The Comedy: Sam goes into motel room. There's a hundred empty wine bottles on the floor, and he asks, "Dean?" Dean shouts from the bathroom, "You're back early." Sam goes into the bathroom to find Dean taking a wine bath. Dean looks at Sam and says, "Come and give me a massage." Sam leaves. The Cheater: Dean is at a bar drinking wine and getting a massage from some random girl. He goes back to the motel room with the girl in tow, and when he opens the door Sam says, "You're back early." Sam looks up, sees the girl, gets all quiet and says, "You should have just stayed out." He leaves, and Dean brings the girl into the room. The Random: Dean and Sam are hungry and trying to find some place to eat. They pass a motel, a masseuse, and a wine store. Finally, they see a small diner. They go in, and the waitress says, "You're back early." Then she looks at them and says, "Oh, you're customers. Sorry. What'll it be?"
THE LESSON: If you go into a challenge expecting one certain type of fic by the end of the month, chances are likely you won't be happy with what you get. The best thing to do is to pick three random keywords and any line of dialogue that pops into your head, and leave it for the author to figure out what to do with the fic. Also, if you receive a challenge that you really have no idea what to do with, why not spy on the requester's page? Click on their username and see the kind of stuff they're into; it could give you some ideas about what to write. ^_^*
kowaiyoukai Feel free to leave a comment or message me if you need anything!